news From All Africa
- Kenya: Gems Cambridge Launches a 10 Million Lego Education Innovation Studio
[CIO] The GEMS Cambridge International School today launched a Ksh. 10 million LEGO Education Innovation Studio.
- South Africa: Trade Mission to Ghana, Nigeria a Success
[SAnews.gov.za] Pretoria -Department of Trade and Industry (dti) Deputy Minister Mzwandile Masina has commended the governments and business people of Ghana and Nigeria for their efforts to work with South Africa.
- South Africa: Pretzels, Pomegranates and Figs – a Zionist Conspiracy
[The Daily Vox] The Daily Vox’s executive editor AZAD ESSA responds to comments about his recent column concerning the Virgin Active/BDS-SA t-shirt saga.
- Africa: Ending Gender Violence Key to the Post 2015 Agenda
[Gender Links] It is August 2015: the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the 28 targets of the SADC Gender Protocol are expiring. Gender based violence (GBV) remains the most telling indicator of gender inequality. In 2008, the SADC Head of State came together and committed to halving gender violence by 2015. Six years later we are still singing the same song: GBV has reached epidemic levels in the SADC region.
- Uganda: 16 Firms Shortlisted in Uganda's First Petroleum Licensing Round
[Independent (Kampala)] Government of Uganda has concluded the evaluation of Applications for Qualification from the 17 firms that submitted the Applications
- South Africa: Alert – SA Cabinet Approves Internet Censorship Bill
[MISA] South Africa’s Cabinet has approved the submission of the films and publications amendment bill despite public outcry that it is guided by policy seeking to curb internet freedoms. The cabinet said the bill seeks to amend the films and publications act of 1996 by adapting it to technological advances.
- Africa: 'Teaching History of Slave Trade Can Reinforces Rights of All Peoples'
[UN News] By teaching, communicating and transmitting the history of the slave trade the world can reinforce the rights and the dignity of people of African descent and, together, fight against all forms of racism and discrimination, the head of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization said on the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition.
- Kenya: Nine Axed From National Women's Team to All Africa Games
[The Star] NINE players have been axed from the All Africa Games-bound national women’s volleyball team as the preparations for the Brazzaville, Congo continental sports carnival intensifies.
- Kenya: Ng'ang'a to Repair 'Pathetic' Prison
[The Star] PASTOR James Ng’ang’a has pledged to spend Sh3.5 million on renovating Gigiri police station’s “pathetic” toilets and cells, where he spent two nights last week.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>