Latest News August 13, 2015
August 13, 2015
news From All Africa
- Sudan: U.S.$ 41 Million to Strengthen HIV and TB Response in Sudan
[UNDP] New York -The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the Federal Ministry of Health in Sudan and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) have announced two new partnership agreements totaling US$ 41 million for Sudan, to give a major boost to the country’s response to HIV and Tuberculosis.
- Kenya: Agony for Motorists As Roads Levy Pushes Up Fuel Price
[Nation] Motorists are expected to dig deeper into their pockets from tomorrow as pump prices are set to go up. This is because the energy regulator wants a road maintenance levy.
- South Africa: A T-Shirt Gets You Kicked Out of a Virgin Active?
[The Daily Vox] Muhammed Desai, a member of the South African chapter of the Boycott Divestment and Sanctions lobby against Israel, is alleged to have been forcibly removed from the Old Eds branch of Virgin Active in northern Johannesburg on Wednesday evening.
- Central Africa: Why Lake Chad Matters – Tackling Climate Change, Development, and Security
[Atlantic Council] Lake Chad is shrinking
- Kenya: Four Pupils Dead, Three Missing After Swimming Mishap
[The Star] Four pupils from Murang’a county died and three went missing after tidal waves swept them away at Bidi Badu beach in Diani on Wednesday.
- Kenya: Boat Capsizes in Lake Naivasha
[The Star] Two men died when strong winds overturned their boat in Lake Naivasha on Thursday morning.
- Uganda: Uganda Names Companies Shortlisted for Next Round of Oil Bids
[Global Witness] The Government of Uganda’s decision to publish the companies shortlisted to bid for its latest round of oil contracts is an important step forward for transparency in the country, said Global Witness today.
- Kenya: Kenyatta Speaks on ICC
[The Star] Kenya has cooperated fully with the ICC and will continue to do so because it believes in the rule of law and international justice, President Uhuru Kenyatta said yesterday.
- South Africa: Van Der Burgh Wins Double Gold
[News24Wire] Cameron van der Burgh continued his stellar form in the swimming pool, bowing out of the first leg of the first leg of the FINA World Cup series in Moscow with two gold medals.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>
Nkemnji Global Tech
Pan African Visions | October 26, 2020 5:07 pm
Pan African Visions | October 25, 2020 3:22 am
Pan African Visions | October 24, 2020 10:13 pm
Pan African Visions | October 24, 2020 7:11 pm
October 26, 2020 5:07 pm
October 26, 2020 4:56 pm
October 26, 2020 11:56 am
October 26, 2020 11:25 am
October 26, 2020 10:32 am