news From All Africa
- South Africa: Women Still Paid Less Than Men in South Africa
[The Conversation Africa] Sharing the information on your salary slip is a taboo and most people would not open a dinner table discussion by laying bare the details of their monthly pay cheque. So how can you really be sure that you are earning the same as your colleague doing the same work as you? And if you’re a woman, how can you be sure that you are earning the same as the men working in your team?
- South Africa: Energy Minister Causes Stir with Secret Plan 'to Solve Crisis'
[News24Wire] Energy minister Tina Joemat-Pettersson caused a stir on Tuesday when she tabled a document classified as secret at a portfolio committee meeting on energy.
- Nigeria: Buhari Sacks Heads of NNPC Subsidiaries, Appoints Four New Group Executive Directors
[Premium Times] The Management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has appointed four new Group Executive Directors to man the four new Directorates that have been approved by the Presidency.
- Africa: Amnesty Endorses Controversial Policy On Decriminalising Sex Work
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] London -Amnesty International voted on Tuesday to endorse a contentious plan to support the decriminalisation of sex work, a move that will lead to pressure on governments by the prominent rights group not to punish millions of sex workers worldwide.
- South Africa: Fuel Shortage Exclusive to Gauteng
[News24Wire] Petrol stations in Gauteng will continue to run dry, while the rest of the country remained unaffected by the fuel shortage, the Fuel Retailers Association said on Tuesday.
- South Africa: Elephant Pushes Car Off the Road in Park
[News24Wire] An elephant reportedly pushed a vehicle off the road in the Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park in KwaZulu-Natal on Tuesday, leaving a tusk hole in the driver’s door.
- Cameroon: Refugee Relations Turn Sour in Cameroon
[IRIN] Yaounde -Food and water shortages, along with land disputes, have caused formerly friendly relations between the local population in eastern Cameroon and refugees from the Central African Republic to turn sour.
- South Africa: Caster Confirmed in Team SA Squad
[News24Wire] Benefiting from Athletics South Africa’s (ASA) extended qualifying deadline, Caster Semenya has been included in a 31-member squad for the IAAF World Championships in Beijing from August 22-30.
- South Africa: Marikana Families Sue Police Minister
[News24Wire] Families of the 37 mineworkers killed in Marikana are taking on Police Minister Nathi Nhleko in court.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>