news From All Africa
- Somalia: Central Jail Hit By Deadly Al Shabab Assault
[Shabelle] At least 3 Al Shabab militants have been confirmed dead in an attack on central jail outside Beledweyne, a town lies some 206 miles (332 km) north of Mogadishu, officials said.
- Kenya: Police Chief Drops Spokesman
[The Star] Inspector General Joseph Boinnet has reinstated Charles Wahongo Owino as police spokesman with immediate effect and transferred Zipporah Mboroki to the logistics department.
- South Africa: Power Shortage Causes Gautrain Delays
[News24Wire] The Gautrain service between Midrand and Hatfield on Monday evening was experiencing delays due to a short in one of the two lines, a spokesperson for the high-speed link said.
- Kenya: Women Judges Eye Chief Justice Position
[The Star] THREE women judges are angling to succeed Willy Mutunga as the Chief Justice and president of the Supreme Court.
- Kenya: 'Living God' Dies but Will He Rise?
[The Star] ‘living god’ Jehovah Wanyonyi died of malaria at his home on July 18, the Uasin Gishu deputy county commissioner has said.
- Nigeria: Ogun Police Issue 'Shoot-At-Sight' Order Against Cultists, Human Parts Dealers
[Premium Times] Police in Ogun state will henceforth shoot armed cultists and “ritualists” at sight, the state command announced Thursday.
- South Africa: Cheetah Attacks Boy During School Visit
[News24Wire] A Pietermaritzburg schoolboy will spend his tenth birthday on Tuesday recovering from a horrific cheetah attack at a KwaZulu-Natal sanctuary last week.
- Nigeria: Army to Punish Soldiers for Maltreating Suspected Armed Robber
[Premium Times] The Nigerian Army has vowed to punish its personnel who were caught on camera Saturday mistreating civilians they said are suspected armed robbers.
- Nigeria: Ife Chiefs Confirm Death of Ooni
[Premium Times] The Ife traditional council in Osun State has officially confirmed the death of the Ooni of Ife, Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse II, after denying that the monarch had passed away.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>