news From All Africa
- Zimbabwe: Heavy Toll to Pay for Decrepit Roads
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Bulawayo -The state of Zimbabwe’s roads is the stuff of legend. From whole trucks submerged in water-filled craters right in the central business district to gruesome road accidents, motorists must navigate hazards like these every day.
- Kenya: More Than Dozen Killed in Midnight Al-Shabaab Attack
[The Star] Fourteen people were shot to death last night in another suspected al Shabaab attack in Mandera.
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe Moves Moyo in Cabinet Reshuffle
[New Zimbabwe] PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe has moved Professor Jonathan Moyo to higher education, replacing the former information minister with Prisca Mupfumira in an acting capacity.
- Kenya: Military Chopper Crashes in Lamu
[The Star] Two Kenya Defence Forces officers have been seriously injured after the helicopter they were travelling in crash landed at Baragoni area in Lamu.
- Burundi: Coup General Threatens Force to Oust President
[Al Jazeera] A Burundian general who backed a failed coup in May has threatened to launch an armed uprising after President Pierre Nkurunziza refused to bow to opposition and international demands to abandon his bid for a third term.
- Nigeria: Teenager Blows Herself Up Near Mosque in Nigeria's Kano
[Al Jazeera] A 13-year-old suicide bomber has blown herself up near a mosque in northern Nigerian city of Kano a day after dozens of people were killed in twin attacks, police have said.
- Nigeria: Buhari Okays Billions in Unpaid Salaries
[Leadership] President Muhammadu Buhari has approved a comprehensive relief package of N400billion in demonstration of his resolve to put an end to the lingering crisis of unpaid workers’ salaries in the country especially in several states of the federation.
- Nigeria: I Watched As My Children Were Blown Up – Jos Bomb Survivor
[Leadership] Survivors of the bomb blast in Dilimi Yantaya Mosque where Sheikh Yahaya Jingir was conducting Tafsir have given a vivid account of how the blast occurred in the area.
- Nigeria: Country Follows Syria, Iraq in Displaced Persons
[Leadership] The chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, Prof Chidi Odinkalu, has disclosed that with about one million people displaced from their homes,
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>