news From All Africa
- Kenya: Kenyatta Wins Africa's President of the Year Award
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The Head of State was picked for the prestigious Africa Education and Leadership Awards for his ability to build consensus locally and abroad
- Kenya: Muthaura, Kimemia to Testify for Ruto at ICC
[The Star] TOP government officials some of whom allegedly tried to “fix” Deputy President William Ruto — have agreed to testify in his defence at the ICC.
- Kenya: Water ATMs Boost Nairobi Neighbourhoods
[Nation] Around the world people use bank machines to access cash: but in the Kenyan capital’s crowded slums, people now use similar machines to access an even more basic requirement — clean water.
- Kenya: Nine Killed in Mandera Attack From Somalia
[Nation] Nine people were killed and six others injured in Arabia, Mandera County, in an attack by a clan militia from Somalia.
- Burundi: Burundi Awaits Vote Results Amid Fatal Violence
[Al Jazeera] Six people, including one police officer, have been killed in gun battles in Burundi’s capital as the nation awaits election results from Monday’s parliamentary poll.
- Kenya: Lupita Weeps Over Insecurity in Kenya
[Nation] Oscar Award winner Lupita Amondi Nyong’o was on Wednesday moved to tears by a poem on insecurity in Kenya.
- Liberia: Two New Ebola Cases Revive Fears
[Deutsche Welle] Liberian officials say at least two people caught Ebola from a teenager who died of the virus. The country had battled West Africa’s most recent outbreak for over a year before being declared free of Ebola in early May.
- South Sudan: UN Imposes Sanctions On Six Military Commanders
[Deutsche Welle] The UN Security Council has imposed sanctions on six military chiefs in South Sudan, each accused of threatening national stability. The men come from both sides of the country’s civil and ethnic divide.
- Africa: It's All About the Money
[IRIN] Dubai -There are plenty of gripes about the humanitarian system, but most of them boil down to money.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>