news From All Africa
- Sierra Leone: Ebola-Free in a Matter of Weeks?
[Al Jazeera] Sierra Leone will be free of the Ebola virus in a “matter of weeks”, but stopping the deadly disease in Guinea will take more time, the United Nations’ Ebola chief said.
- South Africa: Lion Mauls US Tourist to Death
[Al Jazeera] An American tourist has been mauled to death in South Africa after a lion jumped into her vehicle through an open window at a park on the outskirts of Johannesburg, police and officials said.
- South Sudan: Govt Expels UN Humanitarian Coordinator
[Al Jazeera] South Sudan has decided to expel the world body’s top humanitarian official based in the conflict-torn nation, according to the UN, which called on the government to immediately reverse its decision.
- Africa: Migrant Children Fleeing Poverty Face Labour, Sex Exploitation in Italy
[Thomson Reuters Foundation] Rome -In a cavernous market just outside Rome, migrant boys from North Africa shunt trolleys stacked high with crates of melons, garlic, tomatoes, strawberries and other Italian produce.
- Somalia: Al-Shabaab Takes Over Kenyan Village
[Dalsan Radio] Kenyan media has reported that Gunmen suspected to be members of armed group Al-Shabaab, have literally taken over a village in Mandera near the border with Somalia.
- Uganda: Rebuilding the Opposition Party's Brand
[Independent (Kampala)] What FDC needs to do to reinvent itself and generate morale among its supporters
- Ethiopia: Opposition Party Wants Election Inquiry
[Reporter] The Ethiopian Federal Democratic Unity Forum (Medrek) that took part in the general election called for the establishment of an independent body of inquiry to inspect possible infringements of the constitution and other electoral laws and procedures that govern the election.
- Sudan: Opposition Denounces Inauguration of Al Bashir
[Radio Dabanga] Khartoum / Zalingei -The opposition forces allied by the Sudan Appeal and the people in Darfur regret the inauguration of Omar Al Bashir as president of the country for another five years.
- Africa: New Face Added to the Human Family Tree
[Walta Info] A newly discovered fossil in Ethiopia dated back to 3.3 to 3.5 million years said to add new face to human family tree.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>