news From All Africa
- South Africa: Unions Want Judicial Inquiry Into Eskom
[News24Wire] Several unions in the metals and engineering sector on Thursday called for a judicial commission of inquiry to investigate Eskom’s problems.
- South Africa: KZN Health MEC Urges People to Get Vaccinated for H1N1 Flu
[News24Wire] KwaZulu-Natal Health MEC Sibongiseni Dhlomo on Thursday urged people with weak immune systems to get vaccinated, but said there was no cause for panic about the H1N1 flu.
- Kenya: Police Offer Reward for German Al-Shabaab Fighter
[Deutsche Welle] Kenyan police have issued a $100,000 bounty for the capture of a German man accused of fighting with al-Shabab in an attack on a military base. Two Kenyan soldiers and 11 al-Shabab militants were killed in the attack.
- South Africa: 'Pay Back the Money' Adjourns Parliament Again
[News24Wire] The National Assembly was once again adjourned as the EFF continued to chant “pay back the money” further delaying President Jacob Zuma’s question and answer session in Parliament on Thursday.
- Kenya: Weston Hotel Land 'Doesn't Belong to State'
[The Star] THE Kenya Civil Aviation Authority yesterday dismissed reports that the land where a prominent city hotel sits belongs to the state corporation.
- South Africa: Alleged 'Charleston Shooter' Has No Apparent Country Links
[News24Wire] The suspected “Charleston shooter” who was pictured with the old South African flag on his jacket, does not seem to have any links to the country.
- South Africa: On the State of Democracy in South Africa
[SACSIS] South African democracy spans two very different worlds. In one, people complain loudly but enjoy full democratic rights – in the other most remain unheard and battle for the right to speak. In both, life is difficult for those who do not conform.
- South Africa: Union Alleges Fresh Attack On Nigerians, Others in South Africa
[Guardian] Abuja -The Nigerian Union in South Africa has alleged renewal of xenophobic attack on foreign nationals, including Nigerians, in South Africa.
- Kenya: Kenyatta Orders Review of Curfews During Ramadan
[The Star] Curfews in Mandera, Wajir, Garissa, Lamu and Tana River counties will be reviewed during Ramadhan, President Uhuru Kenyatta has said.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>