news From All Africa
- South Africa: Lion Park Where Woman Killed Closed
[News24Wire] The enclosure at the Lion Park outside Johannesburg where a lioness attacked and killed an American tourist has been temporarily closed.
- Malawi: Budget 'Disconnected From Economic Realities'
[Nyasa Times] Lilongwe -Malawi Congress Party (MCP) parliamentary spokesman on finance, Dowa West MP Alexander Dzonzi, on Monday went on a loose cannon mood when he critiqued the proposed 2015/16 National Budget, saying the financial plan is out of sync with the country’s economic realities.
- South Africa: Zuma's Lawyers to File Papers in 'Spy Tapes' Case
[News24Wire] Lawyers for President Jacob Zuma are on Wednesday expected to file their heads of argument in the DA’s application to review the decision to drop corruption charges against him.
- Zimbabwe: Suspended Minister Midzi Dies – Police Investigating
[New Zimbabwe] SOME of the top Zanu PF officials who were punished with the late Amos Midzi turned up at his home in Harare Tuesday evening to console his family.
- Zimbabwe: Axed Minister Takes Mugabe, Zanu-PF to Court
[New Zimbabwe] DISMISSED Masvingo provincial affairs minister, Kudakwashe Bhasikiti, has hired top Harare lawyer and opposition politician Tendai Biti to sue President Robert Mugabe and Zanu PF.
- Nigeria: Super Eagles Captain Enyeama to Retire
[Independent (Lagos)] Super Eagles goalkeeper and skipper, Vincent Enyeama, has said he would be resigning from he national team, and probably the sport, after the next African Cup of Nations (AFCON) in Gabon in 2017.
- Nigeria: 15 Dead, As Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village
[Independent (Lagos)] The deadly Boko Haram terrorists have struck a remote village in Borno State, North East Nigeria in an attack that left fifteen people dead.
- Egypt: 11 Sentenced to Death in Soccer Violence Case
[Tunis Afrique Presse] Cairo -A Cairo court sentenced 11 men to death on Tuesday for their part in Egypt’s worst violence at a soccer stadium.
- Nigeria: Child Bride Accused of Poisoning Husband Walks Free
[Leadership] A High Court in Gezawa, near Kano, yesterday formally struck out a case against Wasila Tasi’u, a 15-year-old girl accused of killing her 35-year-old husband with rat poison.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>