news From All Africa
- Liberia: Boakai's 2017 Play – Juggling Underway for Running Mate?
[FrontPageAfrica] As strange bedfellows go, the announcement by Vice President Joseph Boakai in Voinjama last Friday that he will contest the 2017 presidential elections sent the political hemisphere in Liberia into high gear spurring discussions on talk radio and jitters amongst the opposition already scrambling for an alternative formula appealing enough to woo voters into booting the ruling Unity Party out of office.
- Liberia: Ex-Liberian Leader Charles Taylor Loses Rwanda Transfer Bid
[FrontPageAfrica] Charles Taylor, the convicted former President of Liberia, will serve the remainder of his 50-year prison sentence in the United Kingdom after RSCSL President Justice Philip N. Waki denied his application to appeal. On 30 January 2015, a special Trial Chamber convened by Justice Waki dismissed Taylor’s motion asking that he be transferred to Rwanda where other SCSL convicts have been imprisoned.
- Nigeria: Suspected Cultists Killed by Anti-Robbery Squad
[Vanguard] Port Harcourt -At least twenty-six suspected cultists have been reportedly killed by men of the Rivers state Anti Robbery Squad, SARS , in a forest around Obesemini community in Egi part of Ogba Egbema Ndoni local government area.
- Uganda: Bombers' Trial Sheds Light on East Africa's Terror Matrix
[African Arguments] Kampala -When they came back to the High Court on the morning of 31st March, the 11 terror suspects accused of planning the 2010 Kampala bombings in Kabalagala and Kyadondo were ushered into the building through tight security.
- Nigeria: IFC and Seco Introduce Africa Corporate Governance Program to Nigerian Businesses
[PR Newswire] Lagos, Nigeria -IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs, Switzerland today jointly launched the Africa Corporate Governance Program for Nigeria, to support economic and business expansion.
- Africa: New .NGO and .ong Domains Now Available to NGOs Worldwide
[PR Newswire] Reston, Virginia — Public Interest Registry Launches OnGood Community Website to Connect NGOs with Donors and Supporters
- Kenya: Repatriation of Dadaab Camp's Somali Refugees to Continue
[Capital FM] Nairobi -The Department of Refugee Affairs on Friday said it had repatriated 2,020 refugees from Dadaab Camp in an ongoing pilot phase.
- Somalia: Mogadishu Drive-By Shooting Claims MP's Life
[Shabelle] Mogadishu -Al Shabab rebels claimed to have killed Somalia lawmaker and injured another in a drive-by shooting on Maka Al Mukurama road in Mogadishu, witnesses said.
- Sierra Leone: From an Ebola Survivor to an Ebola Fighter
[Deutsche Welle] It’s one year since the first Ebola case was officially diagnosed in Sierra Leone. Ebola survivor Haja Kargbo has dedicated her time to protecting people from the virus.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>