news From All Africa
- Nigeria: IPI Calls On Nigerian Military to Immediately Release Al Jazeera Journalists
[IPI] Pair confined to hotel for over a week after covering military operations against Boko Haram
- East Africa: Regional Mobile Money Transfers Coming Soon
[Capital FM] Kwale -Citizens of the East African Community will by the end of this year be able to transfer money via mobile phones across borders if full implementation of the One Area Network Agreement (OANA) succeeds.
- Nigeria: Outgoing President Jonathan's Concession Speech
[allAfrica] Fellow Nigerians,
- South Africa: Can Vavi Seize the Working Class Vote?
[Daily Maverick] It might sound like an April Fool’s joke, but Cosatu president S’dumo Dlamini would have us believe that 31 out of 32 central executive committee members voting in favour of Zwelinzima Vavi’s dismissal is a sign of “unity” in the federation.
- Nigeria: Jonathan's Acceptance of Defeat Historic – ACF
[Vanguard] Kaduna -The Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF) has commended President Goodluck Jonathan for accepting defeat and congratulating Gen. Muhammadu Buhari on the outcome of the March 28 presidential election.
- Zimbabwe: Waterborne Diseases Spreading in Border Towns
[New Zimbabwe] MALARIA has so far killed 155 people this year while a total of 94 520 people have been infected, the Health and Child Care ministry has reported.
- Angola: Lawyers, Rights Groups Rally Around Author Marquez
[IPS] New York -The Southern Africa Litigation Centre, Amnesty International and over a dozen other human rights organisations including the African Commission on Human and People’s Rights have signed an open letter demanding justice for crusading Angolan journalist Rafael Marques de Morais, whose exposés have offended several military officials and other higher-ups.
- Nigeria: Jonathan, a True Democrat – Daniel
[Vanguard] Abeokuta -Former governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel has described President Goodluck Jonathan as a true democrat and peace-loving statesman following his acceptance of the outcome of the just concluded presidential election as declared by the Chairman of the National Independent Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor Attahiru Jega.
- Nigeria: Jubilation Galore in Ilorin Over Buhari's Victory
[This Day] Ilorin -The Ilorin, Kwara state capital on Tuesday witnessed jubilation galore following the reported victory of the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress(APC) Gen. Muhammadu Buhari as the new president-elect of the country.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>