news From All Africa
- Liberia: Ebola Crisis Reversing Development Gains in Liberia
[IPS]Monrovia -As the Ebola crisis continues to take a toll on people’s lives and livelihoods in West Africa, the focus is increasingly not just on the health aspects of the crisis, but also on its social and economic consequences.
- Rwanda: Kagame Calls for Action On Injustice and Corruption
[News of Rwanda]President Paul Kagame has told the government officials to desist from corruption and work collaboratively to resolve issues that affect the lives of Rwandan citizens as a way enabling the country to develop.
- Nigeria: Factcheck – Picture Counters Jonathan's Denial of Hobnobbing With Ex-Gov. Sheriff in Chad
[Premium Times]The Presidency on Thursday issued a press statement denying that President Goodluck Jonathan hobnobbed with former Governor Ali Modu Sheriff while on a state visit to Chad on Monday.
- Nigeria: Nigerian Troops Kill Over 120 Boko Haram Fighters
[Daily Trust]Nigerian soldiers today recorded what many described as “landslide victory” by killing over 120 Boko Haram insurgents in an encounter in Konduga town.
- Nigeria: Report Links Ex-Governor & Chad President to Boko Haram
[Premium Times]New facts showing stronger links between former governor of Borno state, Ali Modu Sheriff, and the Boko Haram sect have emerged, further fuelling suggestions the ex-governor is a major financier of the terrorist sect.
- Zimbabwe: Mugabe in Singapore Health Stopover
[New Zimbabwe]PRESIDENT Robert Mugabe,90, stopped over in Singapore for a medical check-up on his way from a week-long China trip,the Zimbabwe Independent has learnt.
- South Africa: Relief, Disappointment After Pistorius Verdict
[Deutsche Welle]South Africa’s prosecuting authority says it was disappointed by the verdict on Paralympics sprinter Oscar Pistorius. He’s been found guilty of culpable homicide and will be sentenced in October.
- Liberia: Ebola Has Devastating Impact On Children
[VOA]Geneva -The United Nations Children’s Fund reports the Ebola crisis in Liberia is having a devastating health, psychological, and social impact on children. UNICEF warns the deadly Ebola outbreak is threatening to wipe out all of the hard-earned gains for children in the country.
- West Africa: Airlines Cut West Africa Flights, Delay Ebola Aid
[VOA]Dakar -The Ebola crisis in West Africa has closed borders and international airlines have cut flights to the area, but some say the measures aimed at controlling the outbreak also are holding up humanitarian aid deliveries.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>