news From All Africa
- Kenya: Teachers Commission Strikes Back With Pay Cut
[Nation] Teachers on strike will not be paid for the days they have not worked, the Teachers Service Commission has said.
- Kenya: Charity Ngilu Out to Block Trial, Court Told
[Nation] Suspended Lands Cabinet Secretary Charity Ngilu has been accused of attempting to block her prosecution over the Sh8 billion Karen land deal.
- Kenya: Treatment of Cancer Shouldn't Be So Casual
[Nation] A few months ago, the country was thrown into a crisis due to the collapse of cancer treatment machines at the Kenyatta National Hospital.
- Kenya: Ruto's ICC Case Rocks Ruling Coalition
[Nation] Sixteen TNA MPs on Thursday sought to mend fences with their URP colleagues in the Jubilee Coalition after they accused the government of failing to support Deputy President William Ruto who is on trial at the International Criminal Court.
- Kenya: Free Market for Cereals
[Nation] On Tuesday, Acting Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Aden Mohamed announced that the National Cereals and Produce Board will release 800,000 90kg bags of maize to millers at Sh2,300 each.
- Kenya: Kibaki, Odinga Among Key Leaders Named in Clinton's e-mails
[Nation] Top Kenya politicians are among the leaders of various countries whose names feature in the controversial e-mails released by Mrs Hillary Clinton, who is seeking to succeed Barack Obama as the next president of the United States.
- Somalia: Somalia Shakes up Military Leadership Amid Al Shabaab Attacks
[Shabelle] During their weekly assembly in Mogadishu on Thursday, the cabinet ministers of Somalia have sacked chief of Somali National Army Major General Dahir Adan Elmi who has been leading the military for the past 2 years.
- Nigeria: Buhari, Vice President Osinbajo Reveal Assets
[Daily Trust] The Presidency yesterday made public details of assets declared by President Muhammadu Buhari and his deputy to the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).
- Congo-Kinshasa: Measles Epidemic Must Be Halted Within 60 Days – MSF
[Al Jazeera] Michel Janssens, coordinator for the MSF in the DR Congo, told Al Jazeera on Thursday that immediate action was needed to address the outbreak as it would be close to impossible to access those in need during the rainy season, expected within the two months.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>