news From All Africa
- Southern Africa: Mugabe Set to Hand Over SADC Chair to Botswana's Khama
[News24Wire] Botswana President Ian Khama is set to become the next Southern African Development Community (SADC) chair when Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe vacates the position next week, reports said.
- South Africa: Marikana Cops Must Be Suspended – Amnesty
[News24Wire] President Jacob Zuma must suspend all members of the SA Police Service implicated in the Marikana shooting immediately, pending further investigations, human rights group Amnesty International said on Friday.
- Zimbabwe: Zim Rangers Kill 25 'Marauding' Hyenas
[News24Wire] Rangers in eastern Zimbabwe have poisoned and shot at least 25 hyenas in the last two weeks, according to a newspaper report on Friday.
- Zimbabwe: Family Plans Fresh Probe General Mujuru's Death
[Zimbabwe Independent] FOUR years to the day Zimbabwe’s most decorated soldier, Retired General Solomon Mujuru died in a mysterious inferno that gutted part of his farm house at Almein Farm in Beatrice, the Mujuru family is yet to find peace and is planning to have the case re-investigated as they still believe he was brutally murdered.
- Senegal: World Bank Supports Govt Effort to Meet Electricity Demand
[World Bank] Dakar -The Republic of Senegal and Senelec (Société National d’Éléctricité du Sénégal) signed a guarantee today for the Tobene Power Project with the World Bank Group’s International Development Association (IDA), Tobene Power S.A., Citibank and BNP Paribas.
- Somalia: Rights Group Seeks AU Probe Into Wedding Deaths
[Al Jazeera] Human Righs Watch (HRW) is demanding an independent investigation into the alleged killing of six men at a wedding party in Somalia by African Union troops from Uganda.
- Nigeria: Nigerian Shortlisted to Fly to Space
[Daily Trust] Freeman Osonuga, a 30-year-old Nigerian, has been shortlisted along with 37 others to travel to space.
- South Africa: Marikana Miners Seek Hefty Compensation from Govt
[News24Wire] The miners arrested and injured at Marikana launched a civil claim against government totalling more than R1bn on Friday, their lawyer said.
- Somalia: Parliament Accepts Motion of No Confidence Against President
[Dalsan Radio] The Forum for Unity and Democracy (FUD) supports the democratic right of the Federal Parliament to debate and vote on the impeachment of the President.
Digest powered by RSS Digest]]>